Since I’ve been chronicling my cat experience for you I just wanted to let you know that I’ve had my first up close encounter with the kittens. I still have not been able to pet them or the mother, but tonight I sat outside on my porch steps while mom and kittens ate just a few feet away from me. They are adorable, however I did notice some watery eyes so they probably have some infection. They are wild after all. Overall they look pretty healthy from what I could tell.
Before I had gotten home tonight I had stopped by the store and bought some kitten food and smaller water and food bowls that they would be able to reach. It worked like a charm. They were waiting on me when I arrived home. I looked out my back door and the whole family was on the patio.
So now I just have to make contact…
As for more stress relievers, here you go (my comments in italics):
- Be prepared for rain – I suppose always carry an umbrella??? With weather people like we have you better. They never know when its going to rain even though they try to make you believe they do with all their super dopplers, storm trackers, etc… their guess is as good as mine
- Tickle a baby – This could work one of two ways, the baby thinks its funny and laughs (all is good) or you could scare the baby and he/she begins a screaming, crying tantrum for the next half hour (all is not good). My advice, definitely know the baby before you try this.
- Pet a friendly dog/cat – key word: friendly
- Don’t know all the answers – huh?
- Look for the silver lining – This could also be called the Pollyanna outlook according to my mother. Always find the positive…
- Say something nice to someone – depending on the person this could just cause more stress… ha ha
- Teach a kid to fly a kite – I would if I knew how to fly one
- Walk in the rain – Okay so this totally contradicts stress reliever #1
- Schedule play time into every day – play time? what is that??? no time…
- Take a bubble bath – not a big fan of these
Okay so far you’ve read 30 of these thought-provoking, brilliant ideas to relieve stress… fascinated yet?
By the way, my vacation is over and I’m counting down the last few hours before returning to the office – yay… now I just need to figure out a way to get more time off… and soon!!!